Coming from a family of English teachers, writing and editing have always come easily to me. I became interested in scientific editing after taking an online course for effective science writing. I enjoy this line of work, and I love contributing to improving science and medical communication globally.
Why hire me?
- I am a native English speaker and Board-certified Editor in the Life Sciences.
- As a freelancer, I am currently a Senior Life Sciences Editor for American Journal Experts, a Life Sciences Editor for Edanz Group and EditorBar, and an Academic Editor for Cambridge Proofreading and Editing, LLC.
- I hold a Master’s degree in biology from the University of Nebraska-Kearney and Bachelor’s degrees in microbiology and psychology from Auburn University.
- I received a Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction from Stanford Online’s Writing in the Sciences course (continuing education).
- I am a current member of the Board of Editors in the Life Sciences (BELS), the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA), and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
- I have edited hundreds of papers for authors from many countries and regions worldwide, including Brazil, Canada, China, Columbia, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, and the US.